Monday, April 4, 2022

CAN reader

 CAN is very often used in our company. Almost every project communicates on CAN. CAN reader available in store just read ID and message a show it in hexadecimal number. But sometimes I need show real converted values in messages (like temperatures, pressures, voltages, etc). Therefor I build simple CAN reader which read CAN message, convert it and send it over UART > USB interface to serial monitor in PC. 

I used old sensor board from some project (We have 10 of these boards in the office). After a few changes, the board was ready. At the end, I printed simple box on 3D printer. 



There is a DIP switch on the board. Originally it was use for select the address. Now I used it for routine to be performed. If I need read some data in a project, I just add short routine in source code and mark position of DIP switch witch pencil. 
Example output



No comments:

Post a Comment

Animal RFID Tag Reader

My friend Nikita has a sheep farm . Some time ago we discussed together how we could increase efficiency in farm management. Some simple tec...